1. A Psalm of David. The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
2. The Lord will send forth the scepter of your virtue from Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies.
3. It is with you from the beginning, in the day of your virtue, in the splendor of the saints. From conception, before the light-bearer, I begot you.
4. The Lord has sworn, and he will not repent: “You are a priest forever, according to the order of Melchizedek.”
5. The Lord is at your right hand. He has broken kings in the day of his wrath.
6. He will judge between the nations; he will fill up ruination. He will shatter heads in the land of the many.
7. He will drink from the torrent on the way. Because of this, he will exalt the head.