2. Answer when I call, O God, my justice! When I was in distress, you gave me solace. Have compassion on me and hear my plea.
3. And you people, how long will you harden your hearts? How long will you delight in deceit and go in search of falsehood?
4. But you must know that the Lord has shown his kindness to me. When I call to him, he hears me.
5. Be angry, but don't offend. Keep your words to yourself, when you are in bed, and be still.
6. Offer the sacrifice commanded by the Law and put your trust in the Lord your God.
7. Many ask, "Who will give us a happy time? Would that his favor shine upon us!"
8. You, O Lord, have put joy in my heart; more than by giving me wine and food.
9. I lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me feel safe and secure.