1. Why do the nations conspire, and the peoples plot in vain?
2. The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and his anointed, saying,
3. "Let us burst their bonds asunder, and cast their cords from us."
4. He who sits in the heavens laughs; the LORD has them in derision.
5. Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying,
6. "I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill."
7. I will tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my son, today I have begotten you.
8. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession.
9. You shall break them with a rod of iron, and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."
10. Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth.
11. Serve the LORD with fear, with trembling
12. kiss his feet, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way; for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.