0. A Psalm of David, when he was in the Wilderness of Judah.
1. O God, thou art my God, I seek thee, my soul thirsts for thee; my flesh faints for thee, as in a dry and weary land where no water is.
2. So I have looked upon thee in the sanctuary, beholding thy power and glory.
3. Because thy steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise thee.
4. So I will bless thee as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on thy name.
5. My soul is feasted as with marrow and fat, and my mouth praises thee with joyful lips,
6. when I think of thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the watches of the night;
7. for thou hast been my help, and in the shadow of thy wings I sing for joy.
8. My soul clings to thee; thy right hand upholds me.
9. But those who seek to destroy my life shall go down into the depths of the earth;
10. they shall be given over to the power of the sword, they shall be prey for jackals.
11. But the king shall rejoice in God; all who swear by him shall glory; for the mouths of liars will be stopped.