0. To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1. In thy strength the king rejoices, O LORD; and in thy help how greatly he exults!
2. Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withheld the request of his lips. [Selah]
3. For thou dost meet him with goodly blessings; thou dost set a crown of fine gold upon his head.
4. He asked life of thee; thou gavest it to him, length of days for ever and ever.
5. His glory is great through thy help; splendor and majesty thou dost bestow upon him.
6. Yea, thou dost make him most blessed for ever; thou dost make him glad with the joy of thy presence.
7. For the king trusts in the LORD; and through the steadfast love of the Most High he shall not be moved.
8. Your hand will find out all your enemies; your right hand will find out those who hate you.
9. You will make them as a blazing oven when you appear. The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath; and fire will consume them.
10. You will destroy their offspring from the earth, and their children from among the sons of men.
11. If they plan evil against you, if they devise mischief, they will not succeed.
12. For you will put them to flight; you will aim at their faces with your bows.
13. Be exalted, O LORD, in thy strength! We will sing and praise thy power.