0. A Song. A Psalm of Asaph.
1. O God, do not keep silence; do not hold thy peace or be still, O God!
2. For lo, thy enemies are in tumult; those who hate thee have raised their heads.
3. They lay crafty plans against thy people; they consult together against thy protected ones.
4. They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more!"
5. Yea, they conspire with one accord; against thee they make a covenant --
6. the tents of Edom and the Ish'maelites, Moab and the Hagrites,
7. Gebal and Ammon and Am'alek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
8. Assyria also has joined them; they are the strong arm of the children of Lot. [Selah]
9. Do to them as thou didst to Mid'ian, as to Sis'era and Jabin at the river Kishon,
10. who were destroyed at En-dor, who became dung for the ground.
11. Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmun'na,
12. who said, "Let us take possession for ourselves of the pastures of God."
13. O my God, make them like whirling dust, like chaff before the wind.
14. As fire consumes the forest, as the flame sets the mountains ablaze,
15. so do thou pursue them with thy tempest and terrify them with thy hurricane!
16. Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
17. Let them be put to shame and dismayed for ever; let them perish in disgrace.
18. Let them know that thou alone, whose name is the LORD, art the Most High over all the earth.