1. A Psalm of David. The Lord directs me, and nothing will be lacking to me.
2. He has settled me here, in a place of pasture. He has led me out to the water of refreshment.
3. He has converted my soul. He has led me away on the paths of justice, for the sake of his name.
4. For, even if I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils. For you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they have given me consolation.
5. You have prepared a table in my sight, opposite those who trouble me. You have anointed my head with oil, and my cup, which inebriates me, how brilliant it is!
6. And your mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and so may I dwell in the house of the Lord for length of days.