1. A Prayer of David himself. Incline your ear, O Lord, and hear me. For I am needy and poor.
2. Preserve my soul, for I am holy. My God, bring salvation to your servant who hopes in you.
3. O Lord, be merciful to me, for I have cried out to you all day long.
4. Give joy to the soul of your servant, for I have lifted up my soul to you, Lord.
5. For you are sweet and mild, Lord, and plentiful in mercy to all who call upon you.
6. Pay attention, Lord, to my prayer, and attend to the voice of my supplication.
7. In the day of my tribulation, I cried out to you, because you heeded me.
8. There is no one like you among the gods, O Lord, and there is no one like you in your works.
9. All the nations, which you have made, will draw near and adore in your presence, O Lord. And they will glorify your name.
10. For you are great, and you perform wonders. You alone are God.
11. Lead me, O Lord, in your way, and I will walk in your truth. May my heart rejoice, so that it will fear your name.
12. I will confess to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart. And I will glorify your name in eternity.
13. For your mercy toward me is great, and you have rescued my soul from the lower part of Hell.
14. O God, the iniquitous have risen up against me, and the synagogue of the powerful have sought my soul, and they have not placed you in their sight.
15. And you, Lord God, are compassionate and merciful, being patient and full of mercy and truthful.
16. Look down upon me and have mercy on me. Grant your authority to your servant, and bring salvation to the son of your handmaid.
17. Make me a sign of what is good, so that those who hate me, may look and be confounded. For you, O Lord, have helped me and consoled me.