1. The Praise of a Canticle, of David himself. Come, let us exult in the Lord. Let us shout joyfully to God, our Savior.
2. Let us anticipate his presence with confession, and let us sing joyfully to him with psalms.
3. For the Lord is a great God and a great King over all gods.
4. For in his hand are all the limits of the earth, and the heights of the mountains are his.
5. For the sea is his, and he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.
6. Come, let us adore and fall prostrate, and let us weep before the Lord who made us.
7. For he is the Lord our God, and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.
8. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts:
9. as in the provocation, according to the day of temptation in the wilderness, where your fathers tempted me; they tested me, though they had seen my works.
10. For forty years, I was offended by that generation, and I said: These have always strayed in heart.
11. And these have not known my ways. So I swore in my wrath: They shall not enter into my rest.