1. If it had not been that the Lord was with us, let Israel now say:
2. If it had not been that the Lord was with us, When men rose up against us
3. perhaps they had swallowed us up alive. When their fury was enkindled against us,
4. perhaps the waters had swallowed us up.
5. Our soul hath passed through a torrent: perhaps our soul had passed through a water insupportable.
6. Blessed be the Lord, who hath not given us to be a prey to their teeth.
7. Our soul hath been delivered as a sparrow out of the snare of the followers. The snare is broken, and we are delivered.
8. Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.