1. The prayer of David. Hear, O Lord, my justice: attend to my supplication. Give ear unto my prayer, which proceedeth not from deceitful lips.
2. Let my judgment come forth from thy countenance: let thy eyes behold the things that are equitable.
3. Thou hast proved my heart, and visited it by night, thou hast tried me by fire: and iniquity hath not been found in me.
4. That my mouth may not speak the works of men: for the sake of the words of thy lips, I have kept hard ways.
5. Perfect thou my goings in thy paths: that my footsteps be not moved.
6. I have cried to thee, for thou, O God, hast heard me: O incline thy ear unto me, and hear my words.
7. Shew forth thy wonderful mercies; thou who savest them that trust in thee.
8. From them that resist thy right hand keep me, as the apple of thy eye. Protect me under the shadow of thy wings.
9. From the face of the wicked who have afflicted me. My enemies have surrounded my soul:
10. they have shut up their fat: their mouth hath spoken proudly.
11. They have cast me forth and now they have surrounded me: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth.
12. They have taken me, as a lion prepared for the prey; and as a young lion dwelling in secret places.
13. Arise, O Lord, disappoint him and supplant him; deliver my soul from the wicked one: thy sword
14. from the enemies of thy hand. O Lord, divide them from the few of the earth in their life: their belly is filled from thy hidden stores. They are full of children: and they have left to their little ones the rest of their substance.
15. But as for me, I will appear before thy sight in justice: I shall be satisfied when thy glory shall appear.