1. [For the choirmaster . . . Jeduthun Psalm Of David] In God alone there is rest for my soul, from him comes my safety;
2. he alone is my rock, my safety, my stronghold so that I stand unshaken.
3. How much longer will you set on a victim, all together, intent on murder, like a rampart already leaning over, a wall already damaged?
4. Trickery is their only plan, deception their only pleasure, with lies on their lips they pronounce a blessing, with a curse in their hearts.Pause
5. Rest in God alone, my soul! He is the source of my hope.
6. He alone is my rock, my safety, my stronghold, so that I stand unwavering.
7. In God is my safety and my glory, the rock of my strength. In God is my refuge;
8. trust in him, you people, at all times. Pour out your hearts to him, God is a refuge for us.Pause
9. Ordinary people are a mere puff of wind, important people a delusion; set both on the scales together, and they are lighter than a puff of wind.
10. Put no trust in extortion, no empty hopes in robbery; however much wealth may multiply, do not set your heart on it.
11. Once God has spoken, twice have I heard this: Strength belongs to God,
12. to you, Lord, faithful love; and you repay everyone as their deeds deserve.