0. A Maskil of David, when he was in the cave. A Prayer.
1. I cry with my voice to the LORD, with my voice I make supplication to the LORD,
2. I pour out my complaint before him, I tell my trouble before him.
3. When my spirit is faint, thou knowest my way! In the path where I walk they have hidden a trap for me.
4. I look to the right and watch, but there is none who takes notice of me; no refuge remains to me, no man cares for me.
5. I cry to thee, O LORD; I say, Thou art my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.
6. Give heed to my cry; for I am brought very low! Deliver me from my persecutors; for they are too strong for me!
7. Bring me out of prison, that I may give thanks to thy name! The righteous will surround me; for thou wilt deal bountifully with me.