0. A Prayer of Moses, the man of God.
1. LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
2. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting thou art God.
3. Thou turnest man back to the dust, and sayest, "Turn back, O children of men!"
4. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.
5. Thou dost sweep men away; they are like a dream, like grass which is renewed in the morning:
6. in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers.
7. For we are consumed by thy anger; by thy wrath we are overwhelmed.
8. Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.
9. For all our days pass away under thy wrath, our years come to an end like a sigh.
10. The years of our life are threescore and ten, or even by reason of strength fourscore; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away.
11. Who considers the power of thy anger, and thy wrath according to the fear of thee?
12. So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
13. Return, O LORD! How long? Have pity on thy servants!
14. Satisfy us in the morning with thy steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15. Make us glad as many days as thou hast afflicted us, and as many years as we have seen evil.
16. Let thy work be manifest to thy servants, and thy glorious power to their children.
17. Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish thou the work of our hands upon us, yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.