0. To the choirmaster: according to Lilies. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah a love song.
1. My heart overflows with a goodly theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe.
2. You are the fairest of the sons of men; grace is poured upon your lips; therefore God has blessed you for ever.
3. Gird your sword upon your thigh, O mighty one, in your glory and majesty!
4. In your majesty ride forth victoriously for the cause of truth and to defend the right; let your right hand teach you dread deeds!
5. Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; the peoples fall under you.
6. Your divine throne endures for ever and ever. Your royal scepter is a scepter of equity;
7. you love righteousness and hate wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows;
8. your robes are all fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia. From ivory palaces stringed instruments make you glad;
9. daughters of kings are among your ladies of honor; at your right hand stands the queen in gold of Ophir.
10. Hear, O daughter, consider, and incline your ear; forget your people and your father's house;
11. and the king will desire your beauty. Since he is your lord, bow to him;
12. the people of Tyre will sue your favor with gifts, the richest of the people
13. with all kinds of wealth. The princess is decked in her chamber with gold-woven robes;
14. in many-colored robes she is led to the king, with her virgin companions, her escort, in her train.
15. With joy and gladness they are led along as they enter the palace of the king.
16. Instead of your fathers shall be your sons; you will make them princes in all the earth.
17. I will cause your name to be celebrated in all generations; therefore the peoples will praise you for ever and ever.