1. The LORD is king; let the earth rejoice; let the many islands be glad.
2. Cloud and darkness surround the Lord; justice and right are the foundation of his throne.
3. Fire goes before him; everywhere it consumes the foes.
4. Lightning illumines the world; the earth sees and trembles.
5. The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the Lord of all the earth.
6. The heavens proclaim God's justice; all peoples see his glory.
7. All who serve idols are put to shame, who glory in worthless things; all gods bow down before you.
8. Zion hears and is glad, and the cities of Judah rejoice because of your judgments, O LORD.
9. You, LORD, are the Most High over all the earth, exalted far above all gods.
10. The LORD loves those who hate evil, protects the lives of the faithful, rescues them from the hand of the wicked.
11. Light dawns for the just; gladness, for the honest of heart.
12. Rejoice in the LORD, you just, and praise his holy name.