1. <Michtam of David.> Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
2. [O my soul], thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou [art] my Lord: my goodness [extendeth] not to thee;
3. [But] to the saints that [are] in the earth, and [to] the excellent, in whom [is] all my delight.
4. Their sorrows shall be multiplied [that] hasten [after] another [god]: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
5. The LORD [is] the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
6. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant [places]; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
7. I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8. I have set the LORD always before me: because [he is] at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence [is] fulness of joy; at thy right hand [there are] pleasures for evermore.