1. <A Prayer of David.> Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, [that goeth] not out of feigned lips.
2. Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
3. Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited [me] in the night; thou hast tried me, [and] shalt find nothing; I am purposed [that] my mouth shall not transgress.
4. Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept [me from] the paths of the destroyer.
5. Hold up my goings in thy paths, [that] my footsteps slip not.
6. I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, [and hear] my speech.
7. Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust [in thee] from those that rise up [against them].
8. Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
9. From the wicked that oppress me, [from] my deadly enemies, [who] compass me about.
10. They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
11. They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
12. Like as a lion [that] is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
13. Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, [which is] thy sword:
14. From men [which are] thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, [which have] their portion in [this] life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid [treasure]: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their [substance] to their babes.
15. As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.