1. <To the chief Musician on Neginoth upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David.> O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I [am] weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
3. My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?
4. Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
5. For in death [there is] no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
6. I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
7. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
8. Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9. The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.
10. Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return [and] be ashamed suddenly.